Question on my rt

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide
This guy parents are green tx and midas Dont he have a chance of being fertile , reason why i ask bcuz i try to breed him couple times n nothin He would go over eggs n all He's about 8 months old , it could b tht he young or infertile uploadfromtaptalk1378517830110.jpguploadfromtaptalk1378517847057.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
There was a Red Texas that was not fertile till it beame 2 years old from one hobbyist I know of..

Then there was a faded red texas that was around that age too and he bred 9 times with no success. The 10th time he made wigglers. The owner just had them together and left them there and not worry about him fertile or not and he got to try many times as he aged.

So to confirm a fish to be infertile is not as simple as breeding him a couple times in his early stage of life.

And when they hit one, doesnt mean they will always hit after. So in fishes like that, dont take fry for granted.

jerseybrian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2012
New Jersey
The infertility usually comes from parrot blood or inbreeding. So if parents were a midas and gt then I see nothing that should make him infertile.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
The infertility usually comes from parrot blood or inbreeding. So if parents were a midas and gt then I see nothing that should make him infertile.
imo There would be a case where you can cross two fish, but they are so far apart in blood, their off springs can be infertile just from that one cross.
But what fish x what fish = infertility right off the bat infertile offsping IDK.

But it is happening here at a young stage for this OP fish Midas texas. I do feel he has hope for later around 2 years old beause of what I mentioned above. Just hope

izzy_here

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 13, 2010
michigan
imo There would be a case where you can cross two fish, but they are so far apart in blood, their off springs can be infertile just from that one cross.
But what fish x what fish = infertility right off the bat infertile offsping IDK.

But it is happening here at a young stage for this OP fish Midas texas. I do feel he has hope for later around 2 years old beause of what I mentioned above. Just hope
And thats very likely the case here. Texas and midas are too far apart genetically to create a fertile male offspring, I suppose this male could be that one in a gajillion that is, anythings possible. But don't count on it, gorgeous fish nontheless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store