Questions about my new L25.

mrtoofay

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2012
california
Meat eating plecos don't really develop long and stringy poops, long and stringy poops may mean internal parasites.

Since wood and veggie has much less nutrition, wood and veggie eating plecos may have longer poops. The food passes through their system so fast that their um.. butt hole... doesn't get a chance to um... cut them off.......

I often will see green poo less than one house after dropping in cucumber or watermelons into the tank. That's how fast it goes through their system.

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
Meat eating plecos don't really develop long and stringy poops, long and stringy poops may mean internal parasites.

Since wood and veggie has much less nutrition, wood and veggie eating plecos may have longer poops. The food passes through their system so fast that their um.. butt hole... doesn't get a chance to um... cut them off.......

I often will see green poo less than one house after dropping in cucumber or watermelons into the tank. That's how fast it goes through their system.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping this was normal but this is my first true carnivorous pleco so I have questions. He seems to be settling in very nicely and eating once the lights go out. Over the weekend I saw him down off the side where he hides grabbing some worms midday. Hope that means he is happy.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
How about some update pics, also some belly pics will help me see how it doing if that is possible.

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
How about some update pics, also some belly pics will help me see how it doing if that is possible.
Here is what my wife could get. He is staying pushed up behind the heater but other than that he seems okay.

A quick head-on shot.

Belly shot, kind of hard to tell anything from this one.

Side shot.

And a bonus pic of his future home.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
Belly and eyes looks good, the top bone on it head is showing but will fill in soon enough. Over all it look good.

Not bad shooting skill too.

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
Belly and eyes looks good, the top bone on it head is showing but will fill in soon enough. Over all it look good.

Not bad shooting skill too.
The first two are mine and the others are from my wife. I haven't had a chance to break out the DSLR on it yet. I don't have great lenses but enough to get some quality shots.

PS I like your profile pic. I actually work on the animated series ;)

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
The first two are mine and the others are from my wife. I haven't had a chance to break out the DSLR on it yet. I don't have great lenses but enough to get some quality shots.

PS I like your profile pic. I actually work on the animated series ;)
Thanks, I grew up watching transformers and alway though the decepticon transform to better things.

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
Thanks, I grew up watching transformers and alway though the decepticon transform to better things.

Nice! Have you seen anything yet on the new animated series? I am really excited about this one. Switch up a few things from Prime.

Oh and not to get too far off topic. I found the pic of him from last week when I first got him and he has already improved in color.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
I tried to watch the new series but prefer the old school transformer better.

Your L25 did come in a little ruff and faded now the colors and fins has gotten better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store