Quick ID

Oscarboyz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2006
In the fish section LOL
Might be? But note there is no separation of the dorsal into anterior and posterior sections

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Pretty sure thats a pike cichlid and not a hoby. Not sure on the species though but they can be aggressive lil buggers and not all stay little.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Looks like a juvi Belly Crawler pike cichlid in rough shape.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Here is a very young belly crawler pike to compare

or it may be one of a number of elongate juvie Lamprologus species such as congoensis, or????.
Below is Lepidiolamprologus elongatus (which I don't think it is), note the similar head shape though

Could use a better pic.

clgkag

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
missouri
Think it is a very underfed crenicichla reticulata. The head looks so big because it is so skinny. Get to feeding that thing.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Think it is a very underfed crenicichla reticulata. The head looks so big because it is so skinny. Get to feeding that thing.
That was my thought. At first it threw me off because as duanes pic shows baby belly crawlers have a kinda pointed nose but they do broaden over time and I think the fish in the op is just sickly and stunted

Heres a pic from onli e showing a lot of features in a bigger belly crawler present in the op like head shape tail spot etc.
IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store