Quick video of my 340 in progress.

fishfreak2009

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2009
Michigan
Got the kelberi this morning and also picked up a channel catfish (the fiancé fell in love lol) and they seem to be enjoying the tank. Added black sand today, and another water lily. Also added some variegated cat tails, duckweed, and water lettuce to the sump. The sump is looking like a jungle now, between the arrowhead vine, the golden pothos, the ardisia, the peace lily, the blue water forget me not, the water hyacinth, the water lettuce, the variegated cat tails, and the duckweed. Apparently there is a thriving colony of guppies down there as well. Somehow they made it through the filter socks and have managed to avoid the pumps.

And, after recalculating the dimensions today after a fellow mfker came over today, the tank is actually a 380 gallon, not a 340 gallon like the seller told me when I got the tank in January.

fishfreak2009

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2009
Michigan
Holy batman that is going to be a heavy bioload. What do your water changes look like on that bad boy?
I'm changing 250-300 gallons twice weekly. I'm on a well, so water changes are basically free.

Plus I run a 150 gallon sump filled with churning rolling bioballs, water lettuce, water hyacinth, a bunch of tropical plants that grow emergent, and 2 large water lilies in the display.

Reactions: CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
I'm changing 250-300 gallons twice weekly. I'm on a well, so water changes are basically free.

Plus I run a 150 gallon sump filled with churning rolling bioballs, water lettuce, water hyacinth, a bunch of tropical plants that grow emergent, and 2 large water lilies in the display.
Sounds like you have a good filtration system ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store