Quiet filter

808cichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hi all, I have a 110gallon stock tank set up on my lanai, but my neighbors below me are complaining of the pump from my filter and how much noise it is causing. I was wondering if you guys could recommend a quiet filter that I could use. Thanks in advance.
Aloha.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Id try to insulate vibrations from the pump, there are rubber pads for this. If you need silent filters, eheim is the best I've ever used for low noise. I have to touch my eheim 2217 to tell if its on

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
what are you currently using? Rena filters are pretty quiet as well as the aqueon filters.

RoadRage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2013
NorthWest
I just bought a Rena filstar xp3 large for my 90 gal super quiet and just an awesome filter. Very happy with it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

808cichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Id try to insulate vibrations from the pump, there are rubber pads for this. If you need silent filters, eheim is the best I've ever used for low noise. I have to touch my eheim 2217 to tell if its on
Ok thanks I will look into that first so I won't have to buy a whole new filter. It's a pond filter from Home Depot. I'm guessing I could get the insulation foam at Home Depot also?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store