raising temp

brettonstein

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
plaistow
not trying to sound like I kno it all I'm trying to help u out man I've had fish for 21 years n when u mix goldfish with tropical fish espceially weaker fish like puffers ur asking for trouble atleast do a 50%

marcos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
n/a
brettonstein;734766; said:
not trying to sound like I kno it all I'm trying to help u out man I've had fish for 21 years n when u mix goldfish with tropical fish espceially weaker fish like puffers ur asking for trouble atleast do a 50%
no im not going to mix them i am just moving the goldfish doing a big water change then adding the puffers

me_wee_todded

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Permian Basin
www.myspace.com
spds31;734385; said:
Raising the temp quickly will not kill the bacteria. They are much more resilient than people give them credit for.
true that

Burtess

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ontario, Canada
It is the same nitrifying bacteria no matter what the temperature, although they "work" slower at lower temperatures.

If the goldfish were healthy and the nitrates low there is no reason why you can't just remove the goldfish and add the others. Goldfish don't secrete some kind of toxin that kills other fish lol.....:ROFL:

Burt:)

hillbilly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Western North Carolina
I'd do a good gravel cleaning, rinse out the filters in tank water, raise the temp. and go for it. Do a partial water change if needed. Bacteria should be OK. Back in the day, people used goldfish to cycle new tanks. They were cheap and hardy. As long as the goldfish are healthy, shouldn't be a problem. After all, the goldfish will have been removed, not in there living with the puffer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store