Rare Albino Blue Marlin

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Awesome fish eye kind of look black in the second to last picture which makes it look leucistic instead of albino but I'm probably wrong

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Looks like you was correct :)

The IGFA has confirmed that the "albino" marlin recently caught off Costa Rica is in fact a blue - and it's leucistic, not albino: "Although common names for marlin generally focus on color (e.g., black marlin, blue marlin, white marlin, etc.) color is typically not the best feature to use in identifying billfish. Especially in this case! The shape and size of this marlin’s dorsal and pectoral fins clearly indicate that it’s a blue marlin even though it’s not blue at all. The eye color - black, rather than red or pink - also indicates that this marlin is leucistic (which is a reduction in pigmentation) rather than albino." Either way, it's still a beautiful fish!

https://www.facebook.com/TheIGFA

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Looks like you was correct :)

The IGFA has confirmed that the "albino" marlin recently caught off Costa Rica is in fact a blue - and it's leucistic, not albino: "Although common names for marlin generally focus on color (e.g., black marlin, blue marlin, white marlin, etc.) color is typically not the best feature to use in identifying billfish. Especially in this case! The shape and size of this marlin’s dorsal and pectoral fins clearly indicate that it’s a blue marlin even though it’s not blue at all. The eye color - black, rather than red or pink - also indicates that this marlin is leucistic (which is a reduction in pigmentation) rather than albino." Either way, it's still a beautiful fish!

https://www.facebook.com/TheIGFA
Lol figured I was right :D cause the eye color was just to pronounced to me but didn't want to stir up drama on an online forum over it being albino or leucistic! Lol
It's a beautiful fish though and must have been a shock to the guys on board!
Now that's what you call a fish of a life time right there!!!

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Lol figured I was right :D cause the eye color was just to pronounced to me but didn't want to stir up drama on an online forum over it being albino or leucistic! Lol
It's a beautiful fish though and must have been a shock to the guys on board!
Now that's what you call a fish of a life time right there!!!

Yea I know what you mean ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store