For Sale RARE Survivor Acrylic Vintage Bubble Front & back Tank No Leaks 90G + Aquarium 40 x 40 x 28

Stormy

Gambusia
Sep 19, 2015
Price
Region
Southern California
State
California
Pickup or shipping
Shipping or Pickup
Hi all! I found this beauty and bought it with the intention of creating a gorgeous planted tank for just a couple of fish and some shrimp. Problem is that I will not be able to reach the bottom unless I build up the soil incredibly high (costly) which kind of defeats my idea. I'm only 5'4" and reaching down to the bottom is proving to be a real problem. Tank Measures 40" x 40" x 12" on box areas and 28" on the pop outs. I'm guesstimating about 90 gallons or thereabouts. Pics are next to a large fridge to give you an idea.
I am still kind of in the debate stage of selling but seeing what comes of it. There are some surface scratches but it is in quite great condition for it's age and what it is. Polishing will take care of most if not all issues. No leaks whatsoever. Front has far less surface problems. Has a clear sticker that says S&S Aquariums, Richmond CA. I found no business with that info other than a cleaning service. These were awesome to see back in the day and I always wanted one. I am located at Lake Havasu on the CA side of the lake. Long distance shipping will be at the cost of the new owner . I suggest UShip (which I have personally used from CA to FL without a hitch). Any how, throwing this out there! Thanks. 760.927.7720 text. Local Delivery within 150 miles for free of 92363 or 92392. Any further will be by mileage/fuel usage, thanks.

tank d.jpg

tank b.jpg

Tank a.jpg

tank c.jpg

tank f.jpg

Stormy

Gambusia
Sep 19, 2015
I have almost it's twin, but all the flat acrylic on mine is opaque black.
I've seen those! Found a quite small one a couple hours drive from me and was interested, but alas... typical non-responsive FB ad/person. Annoying, but seems to be the norm now. Mine is homed all the way in Florida now, from Ca. I just could not reach the bottom no matter how I spun it. I considered taking the top rim off, but didn't want to mess with it's design.
Currently I'm running a rather tiny 6 gallon Fluval Edge and I've got baby fish I rescued from my cove, after the lake water dropped and 100's were stranded! I held back the smallest ones. So I've got a baby flathead catfish, a shellcracker (green cheeked perch) 2 bluegill and a minnow that just laid eggs! Too bad there wasn't a male in there! And I've got one super friendly, very large crayfish... Kong. He is a blast to watch. As per nature, all the little grass shrimp slowly disappeared. And they even ate one of my fresh water clams in there... quite the little eco system... and I know I have to get a MUCH larger tank for these guys. The perch is already 3 times the size of the bluegills, and such a beautiful fish.
Any how... lake-life! XD

groelzj

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2011
Hilo, Hawaii
I remember cleaning it to be quite the challenge! I haven't had that tank set up in a number of years, but it is in the queue for the scratches to be buffed out. It was mostly kept clear of algae by a couple of plecostomus. Occasionally I had to partially drain it so that I could get on a ladder and put my head through the opening of the top to reach the bottom! You can guess how often that was done!

Reactions: Stormy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store