Ray ID

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Hey all,

Can someone tell me what ray this is? Seller says it’s a het pearl hybrid (bd hybrid) ray.

I’m very new to rays and reminds me of the reticulated teacup ray I’ve seen back in the day lol.

Any stingray experts can confirm or deny?

IMG_6044.jpeg

IMG_6043.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Gpdriftwood Gpdriftwood spotfin spotfin scott s scott s

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
I can believe what the seller says, definitely a mutt. Looks like it could be bd/pearl. Dont like that sunken spot in between the eyes though. Not a good sign of health and happiness...
Thanks for the reply. With good feeding is this compatable? Only reason I’m asking is it’s for a really good price from what I’ve seen.

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Make sure you see it eating well before you buy. As long as its eating then go for the gold man! 👍
I have video footage of it eating carnivore pellets and I have tilapia and shrimp on hand. Will feeding it every day and keeping up water changes help resolve the sunken eyes? Also, any thoughts on how it will develop into an adult?

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
I feed small pups twice a day and run all my rays tanks and pond on constant trickle systems personally. As long as it eats well, the divot will go away. Don't really have any idea how it will mature, hard to forsee with mixed breeds sometimes. Heck, hard to tell w my castexis sometimes. Lol. Are u having it shipped or picking up locally? I would not have a ray shipped w a sunken forehead myself. The sunken forehead is a sign of stress, and shipping would stress it much more.

Reactions: Rayfishowner

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
I feed small pups twice a day and run all my rays tanks and pond on constant trickle systems personally. As long as it eats well, the divot will go away. Don't really have any idea how it will mature, hard to forsee with mixed breeds sometimes. Heck, hard to tell w my castexis sometimes. Lol. Are u having it shipped or picking up locally? I would not have a ray shipped w a sunken forehead myself. The sunken forehead is a sign of stress, and shipping would stress it much more.
If I get it its gonna be shipped unfortunately. I've yet to decide if I want it, but I have a 30 gallon quarantine tank ready cycled as we speak.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store