Ray Rice suspended indefinitely from NFL!

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I doubt she sues and divorced him now. She would probably get people and media pointing at her for being thirsty for money.
Better to leave them alone. I don't really care what the Rices do after this. I think the media and the NFL carelessness made his attack look worst than it was before.
They didn't knock a female out by punching her. It was on him.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
some may argue that the animal has no choice in the situation where as people can choose to take themselves out of the bad situation
Agreed. Right or wrong, that is sometime the view regardless of the fact that there is much more going on psychologically.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Quite a few players around the league have been speaking out about Goodell's handling of the situation.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Ya a lot of players and media were upset that Rice only got two games originally and Josh Gordon got an entire season for a marijuana test. Punishment didn't fit the offenses.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Ya a lot of players and media were upset that Rice only got two games originally and Josh Gordon got an entire season for a marijuana test. Punishment didn't fit the offenses.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
To be fair, is it actually in the NFL handbook saying if you punch your girl...your out? Did Rice even do jail time over it?

The only reason he's suspended now is for PR reasons.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
There is probably language in the NFL contracts regarding players conduct while they are under contract...If they can dictate how they want their players to dress then I don't guess assault or public displays of violence would be allowed....

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
...and speaking of jail time,there is an interesting story about a local woman who is claiming to be facing substantial time for a seemingly minor offense at the recommendation of the same district attorney who basically gave Rice a smack on the wrist..

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
What I read about the new/updated policy is first domestic violence offense, 6 game suspension automatic, second offense, banned.
We'll see if they stick with it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store