Ray Tankmates

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I keep teeth with mine......

4 species of wolves, 3 species of ATF, 2 species of Dorado, and Armatus.

Also lots of less aggressive stuff like black aros, clown knife, Odoe, and Brycon.

Big Fish Freak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I keep teeth with mine......

4 species of wolves, 3 species of ATF, 2 species of Dorado, and Armatus.

Also lots of less aggressive stuff like black aros, clown knife, Odoe, and Brycon.
I like this idea..makes the rays seem less "dangerous" and may help in convincing the war department to let me have the rays!
Some jardini's for the top and some nice big clown loaches and earth eaters would make for an all around balanced tank..maybe some mid level dwellers too to keep the tank uniform..

keep the good ideas comin guys!

Malte81

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2014
Germany
I have a black Aro ,Semaprochilodus taeniurus , Pacman Cat, Eartheaters (proximus)
with my marbled motoros.
In a grow out tank i have some ageniosus , L25 , Irwini Catfish.

Keister

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
I have always liked the look of black bar silver dollars, they make good dithers for more aggressive fish, they are lest common than normal silver dollars and they look cool when they school together!

Pbass are another really good tank mate! They get a decent size and look really nice as well.

Niger cats are really nice as well. They get bigger, aren't aggressive, and offer a really different look for a fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Malte81

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2014
Germany
If you comm rays with agressive eaters the rays are hard to feed.
The other fishes gettig fat and maybe sick because of too much food.
Its also bad for the water parameters.
I prefer some nice looking fishes which are not very agressive eaters.
You can feed the rays through a pipe but for me this sucks.

Big Fish Freak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I have always liked the look of black bar silver dollars, they make good dithers for more aggressive fish, they are lest common than normal silver dollars and they look cool when they school together!

Pbass are another really good tank mate! They get a decent size and look really nice as well.

Niger cats are really nice as well. They get bigger, aren't aggressive, and offer a really different look for a fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I like the spotted red cheek silver dollars, they remind me of pirhanna/pacu without the appetite. :grinyes: I wish that Odessa Barbs and Roseline Sharks got bigger than they do cause those would be some awesome fish to have in a tank with some Leos or p14s..the color contrast would be amazing..with a big enough school of course..

Big Fish Freak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2014
USA
If you comm rays with agressive eaters the rays are hard to feed.
The other fishes gettig fat and maybe sick because of too much food.
Its also bad for the water parameters.
I prefer some nice looking fishes which are not very agressive eaters.
You can feed the rays through a pipe but for me this sucks.
This is a good point too. I guess it's all about finding the balance between aggressive/non-aggressive eaters that will get along with rays..Or just get fish that will eat what they rays won't. And of course finding fish you like too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store