Rays Gone Wild!!!

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Cool, I love wild shots of rays!

Do you have more? Once on a fishing forum I found a pic of a fisherman (tourist not local) hold up a HUGE leo. It made me :drool:

Does any have any underwater footage of FW in their natural habitat?

darcy12877

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2007
Ontario, Canada
The pics are amazing, thanks for showing. But when they fisherman are fishing for stingrays and use a hook and sting doesn't it do horrible damage to the rays?

najiru

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2006
uk
Miles;1305478; said:
Rays are of a larger concern to injury than Electric Eels and Pirhanas combined.. I don't doubt that at all.. I don't know if they toss alot of the tailless rays back, many of them are harvest for food or leather, and they remove risk of injury by cutting off the tail.

I have also heard their are companies that employ people to kill stingrays on beaches used for bathing and recreation.
I've seen footage in a documentary of locals spear fishing in the rivers coming accross rays in the sand banks. They speared them through the centre, cut off the tails and tossed them back into the middle of the river to be eaten. Some have a real grudge against them due to being stung :(

Great pics though Miles, here's one to add.

gallery.3.3.jpg

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
darcy12877;1307070; said:
The pics are amazing, thanks for showing. But when they fisherman are fishing for stingrays and use a hook and sting doesn't it do horrible damage to the rays?
Yeah..

That's why alot of rays 'mysteriously' die or die upon import.. unseen wounds to the mouth or intestines.. swallowing a fish hook can mess things up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store