rays with discus

mnfishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
MN
Yeah no issues yet for me. I do plan on moving discus into a 125 I have though. Just really nice to have them together for a little while. Thanks for viewing everyone.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Love the photos awesome setup I have Rays discus aro setup and tig for three years and haven't had any of my Rays or aro murdered my discus I think the key is to keep them well fed

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It all depends on the rays

Most rays don't kill for food they kill for sport

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
my rays have eaten a few fish and killed several by just chasing them around or out of the tank.

i did see a tank with wild discus a few years ago there was a blind ray at the bottom of the tank because the discus had eaten its eyes ;-(

always put me off keeping discus with rays for that reason.

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
Is that wide bar dollars or wide bar tiger/dats

I had a shoal of 14 dollars before it wasn't long before 4 of them had 1 eye and Gill plates missing

Tiger/dats seam to get let go due to the shape dorsal fin

I wish i meant Tigers Richard, i mean dollars.
I've been really lucky with my rays, they've never tackled anything, i know you feed your rays more frequent than i do too and yet mine still don't cause problems in between feeds *touch wood

specialized002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
Beautiful discus...as of recently my 8" male hystrix has gotten a tats for my discus and has eaten me from 14 down to 5...few of them were 4" or so. He's a super aggressive feederr tho, have a 10" female hybrid that minds her own.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store