Razorback Musk HELP!

drb

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2006
Where ever i'm at!
I got four of these guys a week and four days ago. I kept one and the others went to friends and family. Two have died. I havent seen mine eat since receiving them. Ive tried sinking cichlid pellets, floating reptomin, plankton, and live blackworms with no success. Tank is bare bottom one peice of driftwood couple fake plants. There is a turtle dock in there as well as floating plant. Temp is 81-82 ammonia 0 nitrite 0. Does anyone have any ideas what to do or try. Turtles have doubled in size from the seller and were all healthy and eating for 6 months. The 2 that died did the same thing the day before they were found dead. Legs and neck streched out mouth open and then did a few type of seizure looking moves. Any advise or help would be appreciated!

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
That is REALLY odd dude:confused::nilly: Your condicions and food seem good. The only thing that comes to my mind would be if either the seller lyed to you or the turtles carried some bacteria or even virus. TAKE HIM TO THE VET IMEDIATLY!

vicedretard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
in the river
agreed...if he hasnt seen a reptile vet yet...what are you waiting for...we cant determine illness online...plus it is obvious all specimen who came in the bunch are probably affected or infected...

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Then frankly you shouldnt have brougth it in the first place:irked:

drb

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2006
Where ever i'm at!
coura;2993144; said:
Then frankly you shouldnt have brougth it in the first place:irked:
My neighbor works at a animal hospital. She said I could end up paying upwards of 300 hundred dollars. So are you saying you would pay that amount of money for a turtle you have had for less than two weeks and cost 30 bucks?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store