Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrite?
0ppm
If yes, what is your nitrate?
20-25ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hello!

I have had the Red Borneo GG for about 5 months now, around 2 weeks ago these 2 wounds popped up out of the blue and have only seemingly eroded further even with meds and good quality water (<20 ppm nitrate, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 7.4-7.6 PH, low to moderate hardness). Weekly water changes and uv filter have not affected these "lesions" and neither have medications (kanamycin, metro, neo consecutively) Haven't QT as I am unsure if I am dealing with a transmissible issue or if this is just a strange healing process, QT tank is cycling below the main tank, will be ready soon (meth blue to ward off secondary fungal).

I am worried it is TB as I have had a GG in a previous tank develop it and eroded to death, however it was a mouth erosion and that tank has long since been obliterated to avoid any TB possibility.

All I can come up with is possibly ulcers or maybe Ichthyosporidium(unsure of spelling).
Any advice or experience is appreciated as I am at a loss for what this is as the fish still eats, swims, and chases like normal gouramis do, no lethargey, no listlessness, no bloat.

(FIRST PIC IS BEGINNING DAY 1 [5/15], 2ND AND 3RD ARE CURRENT [6/1] )

received_6304370842947082.jpeg

20230531_235351.jpg

20230531_235027.jpg

Ansorgii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
South-West-Germany
Hi,
While I don't have any experience with Gourami I did have have had the occurance of those not healing wounds with Stingray in the past.

I don't know if those experiences are uselful to you, but maybe sth is useful will come from me sharing them.

The first time I had that, it wasn't a bacterial infection but fish I never would have suspected (some old swordtails) nibbling on the wounds whenever I left the room. This might seem obvious, but it kept me walking in the dark very long.

The other time it was a bacterial infection that wasn't bothered by all medication I threw in. I got rid off it by spouting pure alcohol on the wounds with a pipette. It seemed to kill off a lot of the bacteria each time, as the wound turned a lot less red afterwards and slowly began to heal. As a sideeffect the water turned milky afterwards, since ethanol is a great feed for bakteria once no longer concentrated. And while yes, it is poisonous to fish, a few ml on the entire tank are not really relevant.

Maybe some of this can help you, I wish you the best of luck with your fish.

Reactions: Metch095

Metch095

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2022
New york
So far progress has been slow, I had moved him to qt Friday night as nitrite subsided and cycle finished, he has healed the spot on his left side at base of tail, right side lesion has also subsided however is still raw and seems to be under the scales further forward however no infection present.

Running Kanaplex and meth blue seems to have halted spread and reversed in portions. Hopefully on the up!

Reactions: Ansorgii
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store