MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
I got mine when he was about 4 inches went right into a 4x2 tank alone, got him on massivore and now his pushing 30cm but his thick. This is 3 months I believe. I am testing the size of fish I can keep with him for when he moves into my 8x4x3. I think 8x4 is a fair size foot print. The only time my little piggie swims is when he knows food is coming or playing with the dovii/oscar otherwise he sits near the food container sleeping. Amazing fish none the less.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Would red tail catfish eat clown loaches
RTCs have been found with ducks, turtles, snakes, and caiman in their stomachs. Clown loaches would barely register as a snack.

Reactions: Frank Castle

catfishtimmy

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2015
Northern Pennsylvania
I have a 14" rtc in a 300gallon with a 4-5" clown loach but I am looking to sell the clown loach or move him to my 125 this week because these catfish have huge mouths. Also worried about my 10" koi fish like I said huge mouths! mine was only 3" when it ate its first tank mate a 5" alligator gar.

catfishtimmy

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2015
Northern Pennsylvania
I have a Red tail catfish,He 1 month 4 days his name is bloody he's 7".I am feeding him a Shrimp every 4 hours.
Feed him a variety of foods shrimp should be about 1/4 of his diet. Hikari massiovre pellets are great if your trying to bulk him up. Smelts, silver sides, salmon, muscles, night crawlers are all other foods that would be good to mix into your rtcs diet.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store