Red Tail Catfish tank size

whalp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2024
I have a go ahead to planning out a tank for my basement. Originally wasnt going to go for this plan but now since I have a green light and an uncomfortable urge to want this fish. I want to know if these dimensions would work for a single or double RTC: LxWxH > 16'x5'x4' I am thinking of going the extra bit and making it a 20ft L instead but same WxH.
I plan on this being a low stock Albino/white/silver tank, so tank mates would be:
3 to 1 Albino Aros to Albino RB Pacus
OR
3 to 1 Albino RB Pacus to Albino Aro
3 Axanthic Monos OR 3 Albino ID Sharks
And the RTC would be a Phantom btw
Possibly a Platnium Florida Gar as well, but holding on that due to size and the aro.
Sorry if this is asked too many times and sorry if I am posting alot of ideas for the future. I only ask this because people always recommend a gallon size but never footprint which is more important and ideal.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a go ahead to planning out a tank for my basement. Originally wasnt going to go for this plan but now since I have a green light and an uncomfortable urge to want this fish. I want to know if these dimensions would work for a single or double RTC: LxWxH > 16'x5'x4' I am thinking of going the extra bit and making it a 20ft L instead but same WxH.
I plan on this being a low stock Albino/white/silver tank, so tank mates would be:
3 to 1 Albino Aros to Albino RB Pacus
OR
3 to 1 Albino RB Pacus to Albino Aro
3 Axanthic Monos OR 3 Albino ID Sharks
And the RTC would be a Phantom btw
Possibly a Platnium Florida Gar as well, but holding on that due to size and the aro.
Sorry if this is asked too many times and sorry if I am posting alot of ideas for the future. I only ask this because people always recommend a gallon size but never footprint which is more important and ideal.
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store