Red tailed Barracuda (freshwater)

Dt100

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2016
Thinking about getting a few of these for my 180g . Anyone had much experience with them?

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I kept one a few yrs back and it was very skittish. Any sudden movement would cause it to dart right into the glass. Lots of cover and mine never ate pellets. Only live. Very pretty cuda but needs clean water with current. GL with it.

Dt100

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2016
I kept one a few yrs back and it was very skittish. Any sudden movement would cause it to dart right into the glass. Lots of cover and mine never ate pellets. Only live. Very pretty cuda but needs clean water with current. GL with it.
Read they prefer to be in shoal which could potentially help the skittishness . It's a great looking fish , very keen to try a few . Just not sure what sort of aggression levels they show etc

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
They do better in groups of 3 or more. Very skittish. Will need some cover to help keep calm and not bang into the sides of the tank. They do well with wide space especially. No current preferred. Not aggressive as mentioned...mainly to rosy reds and small goldfish. Hard to get off of love food but can be done.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store