Red Tiger Motaguense Pair Sp( Rio Blanco)

KLee79

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2008
Ohio
Nice motas! I have the same strain that I'm trying to grow out. Mine seem to be growing slow. I got them at about 1/2" to 3/4" and they're only about and inch now! Are they slow growers? I must be doing something wrong lol

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
Nice motas! I have the same strain that I'm trying to grow out. Mine seem to be growing slow. I got them at about 1/2" to 3/4" and they're only about and inch now! Are they slow growers? I must be doing something wrong lol
I grew 8 out together in a 125. i did 30% water changes once to twice a week if i had time. I started feeding them all the staple pellets i had to make sure they werent gonna be picky but i also fed live blackworms 2-3 time a week and that help put the size on fast. also try keeping the temp around 82-83 that will help boost their metabolism and grow a lil faster. I dont like power feeding anymore cause id like my fish to have longer lives lol but i cant help spoiling them when theyre little:)

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
I was watching them today and couldnt believe how big "Goliath" was getting, my male RTM. so i decided to take a lil video of the pair i hope everyone enjoys:)

[YT]wSICt7KRi7w[/YT]

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
Nice, mine have fry every 3 weeks like clock work. I think they have bread for me something like 8 times already it's hard to keep up with them haha
Hey bro you should post up pics of yours:) ive been waiting to see them.

Absolutley love their breeding/spawing coloration.
Thank you, the females color seems like its still coming in;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store