Redtail/Rainbow Shark General Discussion Thread

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I have a five inch red tail in my 450. She is not a behavior problem in the big tank at all but she did manage to stress the albino rainbow to death in there. After that she has been pretty mellow. I will post a pic from my phone later

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
so both my albino Rainbows got killed - one was beaten to death by Angel, my psychotic GT (Angel of Death, that is), and the other was swallowed whole by the same Jaguar that swallowed my Polypterus (which I did manage to save by "scaring" it out of him) and both my little RTS got killed by Convict fry, surprisingly enough so when I got my Kelberi on Tuesday I picked up a nice-sized RTS maybe 3.5"-4" for about $8 and today when I got fish food, I saw some nice fat healthy-looking albino Rainbows so I picked up 3 of them for my growout that has nothing but some baby Pink Convicts and 6 albino Green Corys. A whole tank of nothing but white, pink and red eyes and fins:D

'Gonna try this again and keep them w/ the smallest and most peaceful stuff I got

Black Shark and the other (normal) Rainbow are doing great btw. Black is pushing 5" already and the Rainbow is about 4"

My neighbor wanted a shark so after he lost a Bala and an Iridescent (which he put in a 30 Hex) I got him a Rainbow so he could have a shark, but not one that will grow huge

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I saw a foot long redtail shark last month at the pet store ,wasn't for sale tho(they were watching them for someone else)

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I have some balas at 6-8in. I have kept redtails in the past and like the look, especially your celebrist celebrist , looks great.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I have some balas at 6-8in. I have kept redtails in the past and like the look, especially your celebrist celebrist , looks great.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the kind words, I really like her

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I have some balas at 6-8in. I have kept redtails in the past and like the look, especially your celebrist celebrist , looks great.
the 3 of them really put a niice touch on the all-Pink-Convicts-and-albino-Corys-tank. I think i'm onto something w/ this color scheme....I wonder what else I can add in all-white, pinks, florescent colors....but no others. I'm thinking black gravel too

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I would love to see a picture of that beast, they are listed as maxing out at six inches
I have seen black sharks in that range and they are very impressive
I tried to get a pic but he kept hiding unfortunately

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store