Regarding My ai Thread . . .

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I spotted that one earlier too. That thread of mine you mentioned, the last post was Aug 2023, well it was resurrected by that bot only the other day.

Me and you both responded and left it at that. Anyway, this morning our bot friend must have logged in and the damn thing actually liked one of my posts and left another post of its own. I didn't know they could "like" posts, lol.

And then a little later I logged in again at work and that thread is now back to how it was originally, last post Aug 2023!!! Somebody has deleted not only the bots posts, but mine and yours too!

I agree, this could be some kind of progress. However, If admin are responsible for this welcome intervention I would have hoped they would have posted a blanket statement first, letting us know that someone's on the case and the bots days are numbered.

Have you noticed any other missing bots?

Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I spotted that one earlier too. That thread of mine you mentioned, the last post was Aug 2023, well it was resurrected by that bot only the other day.

Me and you both responded and left it at that. Anyway, this morning our bot friend must have logged in and the damn thing actually liked one of my posts and left another post of its own. I didn't know they could "like" posts, lol.

And then a little later I logged in again at work and that thread is now back to how it was originally, last post Aug 2023!!! Somebody has deleted not only the bots posts, but mine and yours too!

I agree, this could be some kind of progress. However, If admin are responsible for this welcome intervention I would have hoped they would have posted a blanket statement first, letting us know that someone's on the case and the bots days are numbered.

Have you noticed any other missing bots?
Only that one I mentioned above. That was at least a couple weeks ago, I forget the bot's username, and I didn't look to see if all its content was gone; just noticed the one post missing. I don't recall why I thought that Viktor had wielded the Delete hammer, but there was something at the time that made me think so.

I was going to post and thank him, but then I looked out the window and saw a squirrel and got distracted...

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
One time like a month ago you guys told me that I replied to a known bot. I went and deleted all of the bot's posts (like 10-20?), but I've no power to delete or ban a member.

I didn't quite get the OP angle: to see if the bots' input can be thought of or seen as some kind of budding science fiction?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store