Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
:) :lol2: it's about 26 inches. it just looks like a "white anaconda" while he is clinging around the tubes of the undergravel.

ae2359

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2006
michigan
I read the topic and i really thought you had a white anaconda, i was like i bet that cost more then most people make in a year

dtgshark

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2005
here
wow very coool albino lungfish, always wanted one of those but can't afford it. nice catch! :D

benefit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2004
Vince said:
I think it's the Protopterus Dolloi, but I am not sure. I was quoted a 12 incher is about $150.00, but I think they grow real slow...

www.primitivefish.com has alot of info about them :)
From my experience with this species they are extremely slow growers. They are very noctural and are usually hard to ween off live food compared to Annectens and Aethiopicus. Based on the head shape and curled up resting position this fish does look like P. Dolloi. All Annectens and Aethiopicus i have owned like to lay streched out. Dolloi are usually the most boring of lungfish but very cool and snake-like. One of my favorites. Nice Lung! :thumbsup:

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
fishnthings said:
Vince, you ever get yourself a aba aba yet?
Yes I did. It's about 8-10 inches. Not that mean yet, but hold it's own against the coal grunthers.

Yeah this lungfish is always in a "curl". It hasn't shown any evil aggression towards it's tankmates (red bay snook-pair). But I see it move alot, pretty cool. And it is digging right now, seems like it wants to hibernate. very interesting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store