Remote deep sand bed for freshwater?

'vspec'

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2010
Melbourne

Hey bud, welcome to the fold.

Where you from in Oz?

If your ok with some discussion, do you mind we talk your designs.

If ive got this correct, 3 in-series canisters with isolator taps feed two spray bars & a focal return. Greens your dump pipe plenum.

I dont know if you have the latest & greatest external filters these days that are design to be bullet proof, however in my own observations, they generally tend to not handle a force fed line to well, nor appreciate a lesser or greater resistance in series due to multiple pumps.
Once it hits the T, its down to the path of least resistance. If the forcing pressure is less than the head loss value, then you could see some wet action.

To calculate total volume, multiply all three dimensions by each-other then divide by 1000. LxWxD/1000
Working volumes just the same, just at water level.

Your tanks are lined up well, always level on your working heights.
Fish bridge is a nice touch though.

Thoughts below...

a) Keep the bridge uniform, so lengths equal on both side - The pressure is greater on the left tank & at a greater depth, so it can cause an issue.

B) all syphoning points need to be accounted, without a decent check system your dump pipe becomes the lowest drain point. Or if you have the canisters stop the flow, then thats worse, as your drain system is not free flowing which opens the door to yet another issue.

c) even with the fish bridge, i would factor a bulkhead bridge for redundancy.

d) You have a sweet design, id take it to the next level & throw any container under that puppy, even if its a rubber maid & return pump. Then you could open its potential.

E) great sketch up, it sells your idea. Now I want to introduce you to google sketch up.

Starting up

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2007
australia
My three canisters are in parallel not in series. And yes there are double taps for easy disconnect reconnect.

I am not shore if i will have one or multiple in-feed and out-feed pipes. easier to draw one.

My fish bridge will be made out of 25-mm conduit. This has worked in the past.

There should be no problems with water if both tanks are the same hight.

I live on the central coast of nsw.

nes999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
IL
[QUOTE='vspec';449595;5]

E) great sketch up, it sells your idea. Now I want to introduce you to google sketch up.[/QUOTE]

Vspec when your ready to play with the big boys get auto cad and auto cad inventor. god i watch to many commercials........

'vspec'

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2010
Melbourne
nes999;4497903; said:
Vspec when your ready to play with the big boys get auto cad and auto cad inventor. god i watch to many commercials........
Oh I hear you bud, that's definitely the kicker,however unless your proficient on the torrents or buying it for business, then there's no way in my right mind am I paying $5k+ for software on a 2cent disk.

The only time that will ever happen, is when Tacobell become the only global corporation left, & they make everything at a set price. :popcorn:

'vspec'

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2010
Melbourne
Starting up;4497831; said:
My three canisters are in parallel not in series.

My fish bridge will be made out of 25-mm conduit. This has worked in the past.

There should be no problems with water if both tanks are the same hight.

It looks to be in series at a common plenum rail to me.

Yeah, your bridge is set in favour of the DT anyways from a risk perspective. regardless of any potential back flow issue if the worst case hit. Id still bulkhead link them though. Its all about redundancy

nes999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
IL
[QUOTE='vspec';449810;5]Oh I hear you bud, that's definitely the kicker,however unless your proficient on the torrents or buying it for business, then there's no way in my right mind am I paying $5k+ for software on a 2cent disk.

The only time that will ever happen, is when Tacobell become the only global corporation left, & they make everything at a set price. :popcorn:[/QUOTE]

yeah and once you buy it you must buy it yearly. like 100$ a year but you get the newest. For people who havent used it what ur saying is right youd be insane for paying 5k for a 2cent disk. but for all the updates they do i will not touch another software.

'vspec'

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2010
Melbourne
Good, so your potentially my new best friend. If you get board and want something to sink your teeth into, Im hatching some seriously sweet designs that'll impress.

nes999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
IL
[QUOTE='vspec';449818;7]Good, so your potentially my new best friend. If you get board and want something to sink your teeth into, Im hatching some seriously sweet designs that'll impress.[/QUOTE]

im down for anything.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store