removing sting ray barbs

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
How many public aquariums have piranha touch pools?? Please feel free to post a link. I would love to see one.
Also, piranha have fixed teeth with blood vessles and nerve endings in them. Stingray barbs do not.
none that i know but they could if they pull the teeth

i feel the touch pools are wrong .

its just a way to pull in the public so much risk to the rays you dont know what kids have on there hands

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
This is why Google is much better for questions like this.

Deubie Doo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Rootstown, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I rember a certain ozzy croc guy thinking the same to
its a touch tank, not a diving exploration tank.
still alittle to soon dude, have some respect.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
none that i know but they could if they pull the teeth

i feel the touch pools are wrong .

its just a way to pull in the public so much risk to the rays you dont know what kids have on there hands
I can respect the feeling of a touch pool being wrong. But the rest is just inaccurate info. Trimming isn't bad at all for the animals and there is no risk for them. The animals in the water are living with much more bacteria or similar things that could hurt them compared to what a hand can do.

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
Okay touch pools and home aquariums are too different things, a touch pool has people with no knowledge forcing themselves on the rays to get a feel and children trying to grab rays everywhere so it needs to be done at home this does not need to be done as you will learn where and when to put your hands in on a stingray tank and when you make a mistake you will not make it again. If you don't know your stingrays well enough then leave your hands out of the tank. I have to go into my tank and clean it, so while i'm in there I wait for the stingrays to come to me and some liked to be touched and others don't so I leave them alone. If I spent as much time in a tank as zoodiver I would be stung also like he said accidents happen but he is on a different level again than a home aquarium owner.

Johnnylightning

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2012
North Carolina
Getting stung is fun. My friends like playing SHOCKED. You take one shot stick your hand in the electric catfish tank and touch it. If you do without being shocked the next person goes. It's funny when a nervous drunk can't stop.

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

grapedinox

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
Spokane Wa
I just fear what will happen when an inexperienced ray keeper attempts this. I think said person is more likely to get stung trying to trim the barb then they ever would have just leaving the animal alone......

I for one will leave my rays intact and not fear them. If someday I get stung (god forbid) chances will be high it will be my own damn fault.

Next thread will be from the poster what do I do I have been stung trying to trim my sting rays barbs.......

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
for a ray to even try to sting you it must be stressed even to try

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
False. I have seen rays sting inadvertently while using the tail to turn sharply and having the barb impale another by accident.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store