Rescued hbrtg need help!

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Well I'm proud to say around one week from the day I rescued him the gill curl is gone!!! Guess I got him just in time! image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Bigcatfishrule

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Nice work mate, job well done! I love arowana and will get one once I find one that doesn't cost more than the tank, lol! And once I have a big enough tank. good job mate, I'm sure the aro is thanking the fish gods that you found him and gave him a better home.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Thanks. I love arowanas too and I said the same thing about them costing more than the tank. Haha I was going to get a silver arowana and it never crossed my mind to get an asian, but I came across the ad for this one and I couldn't just leave it there Lol so I came up with a few extra bucks and got this beauty instead.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Picked up a 230 wide today. I will post picks when it's all set up in a few days. I'm sure the aro will love the space lol

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Beautiful fish.. And congrats on nursing its gill back to normal..
And I agree with the other member here who said the barbel is a hit or miss..
I did it once and the outcome was not any better than before..
Just keep the water pristine and let the aro do its thing..

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Update on the aro. It's now in a 230 gallon wide tank and it's barbells are have grown back quite a bit now. It's refuses to eat pellets and market shrimp and will only eat superworms, earth worms and crickets. I haven't tried starving it yet, but I might try to after this batch of mealworms. It is also starting to chase any fish that come to the surface to feed, except for the two Florida gars which are close to the same size as the aro.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store