responsibility

csolo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
Yay, I was looking a post like this. I think in theory this is a good thing. I love my different fish species but if it came down to ensuring that our native plants and animals survive or me having a pet, I would choose the natives in a heart beat. 99 problems and humans are all of them.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Snakeheads were released by an Asian living here. If we stopped letting people imigrate with all their crazy ass traditions and rituals maybe it would not have happened, but we are to nice for that.
Tell ya what tho chump, if you PM me ur address I come up there and abuse you.
that was a very american retort and threat lol

Yes people abuse the right to own exotics, especially people unprepared (like the people who go oh theyll get too big and ill let em out then they die) and just careless buttheads. For real though, they should take a look at the specie or family of specie and think could they survive in this area? before they go around banning the importation and exportation of exotic animals. I gurantee nothing in my tank would survive a new york winter outside, doesnt mean i would ever let them out (i would cut the heads off and toss em if i needed to get rid of em and couldnt sell em or give em away).. so why ban them?

Im all for responsibility and all, but i think "all exotic species" is much too broad a term. States should have the right to decide which as they already do and have done. Polypterus (since its my name lol) would not survive in the north USA, ice would cover most if not all the air holes so they couldnt breach and breath plus the water temp would kill em.

It wouldnt be a world ending thing for me, but if the government did pass such a massive "all exotic species" ban I would move to Canada (which i might anyway). Its just another step on the endless controlling of peoples lives.. which will get too political if i get into it so ill stop there lol

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
humm releasing into the wild not a native american thing,, and please do not group native Americans with US citizen, 2 dif things. bottom line all folks need to be responsible for the exotic pets they choose to keep. this in not a certain nationality thing, this is a society as a whole thing. no mater nationality.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store