Reticulated pythons

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Amazing specimems, lavender albino retics are among the prettiest snakes! How big is the tub in the picture?

lando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
fort st john bc canada
I agree, they feel more comfortable in tight spaces, most of the time, but I dont see any reason why they cant be moved into a larger cage, "that is correctly set up" with multiple hiding areas throught out, once they become acclimated and are feeding well.
+1

Iv seen people with 8foot boas in 55gallons. That is just wrong. Iv kept large snakes. You need a huge enclosure for a large snake. You need to have a the proper hides so they don't get stressed out. But once the lights are out! Most likely your snake is going to be a lot more active.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
+1

Iv seen people with 8foot boas in 55gallons. That is just wrong. Iv kept large snakes. You need a huge enclosure for a large snake. You need to have a the proper hides so they don't get stressed out. But once the lights are out! Most likely your snake is going to be a lot more active.

Now that's just wrong! People like that shouldn't be keeping large snakes. I agree with the multiple hides in a large enclosure for large snakes, but how I see it, too big would just be wasteful because my sunfire is 14ft in an 8x3x3 cage and he looks tiny in there. He doesn't really move around much, but in a smaller cage, you should still have multiple hides but you can also add climbing structures to increase the surface area and the snake can still get the same amount of exercise. By smaller, I'm definitely not talking about an 8ft boa in a 55g. Since retics are thinner compared to their size, mine can probably get away with a cage as small as 5x3 and still be comfortable and get the exercise it needs with stuff to climb on top of.

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
I was cleaning their tubs this weekend and decided to take a pic of them out in the natural sunlight. Its so crazy that I got these guys a year ago at 2-1/2ft and now they're around 8ft. The female is a lavender albino tiger and the male is platinum het albino. I can't wait for them to reach breeding size! I also have a 14ft sunfire who's ready to go. I can't wait in 2 years when the female is old enough to breed!

:headbang2
Awesome!

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
You have some awesome retics!!!!!!!!

Love retic's, they would be my first snake of choice unfortunately they are illegal in Massachusetts
If I could own one though I would definitely want a white phase albino
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1407181547.479320.jpg
So hopefully if I move to another state in the future this will be my first retic that I will be looking to buy or an albino golden child

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Whoa nelly, there a good size, I love snakes but my male common boa is as big a snake as I want, anything more than 8 feet is getting alittle large for me, and a retic at 14+ feet would be a handful. At that size, even with 2 or 3 people, if the snake gets frisky its going to cause problems, iv seen what a 11foot Burmese python bite looks like, sure wouldn't want a big retic deciding it wants to have a nibble of my arm...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
That's true but you run that risk with any snake. To me, a pissed off 8' boa is just as bad as a large retic. Both bites will hurt, both snakes can be potentially life threatening and they can both be a handful at times. I do agree that it is riskier the bigger the snake but I'm not too concerned about that. I've dealt with snakes of all sizes my entire life.

vildotcom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2006
San Diego, CA
That's true but you run that risk with any snake. To me, a pissed off 8' boa is just as bad as a large retic. Both bites will hurt, both snakes can be potentially life threatening and they can both be a handful at times. I do agree that it is riskier the bigger the snake but I'm not too concerned about that. I've dealt with snakes of all sizes my entire life.

Beautiful snakes and congrats on the new addition!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store