Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
For me they are all of the above.

As I have the tanks all over for all of the above purposes.

D12DetroitD12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2009
Monroe, Michigan/Toledo, Ohio
For me id have to say a little of both a and b, I enjoy keeping fish as my pets but also i love the look of a nice set up in my room. Watching them at night really calms me down :D

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
None of the above?
watching,and caring for the fish is very relaxing to me.Like a form of meditation,it helps me focus.
All of the above?
elements of all 3 come into play.

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
they're pets, but i do not name or love them. i enjoy them, and they certainly add an aesthetic value to the household. it's a hobby not a lifestyle. i have many other interests.

ttmf

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 8, 2008
Palau, Micronesia
D. Just a hobby :D
the only fish i was sad about that died was my flowerhorn because he was interactive. he'd eat from my hand and you could pet him. the rest of the fish i owned the kick the bucket just made me sick because all the $$$ i put into them. :)

cichlid2006

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fife - Scotland
they are my pets and i love them like any fluffy we may have. i cried when i had to give my dog away and i cried when i had to euthanise my uaru and rehome my first GT.

mgk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2010
nowhereville
they are aesthetics I care about.
I would be disappointed if they died and I name them.

IMO anybody that trades or sells their fish(excluding fish acquired for sale), for any reason other then inability to keep them, can't vote for A.

duster1971

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
Iowa
ok i put a but thier more like family without names they are a verry large part of my life and i strive to keep them happy and healthy and if thier not happy im not happy

nomad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2008
Colorado
erk419;3873573; said:
Why is he not right? When my fish die it upsets me to there a huge part of my life. When my dog died a couple years ago I cried my eyes out and I'm 30 years old.
......what I meant is that to me it doesn't seem normal to be more attached to fish than a dog (like fishaddict) who actually cares about you ,etc. Don't get me wrong I care alot about my fish which I consider pets and I pay close attention to my tank every day but .... I consider my dog "full rights" family member :) ....when a fish dies I'm very upset and I feel like I failed as owner....when our old dog died I felt exactly as you described.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store