Rhamphochromis cf. esox info

BC88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2006
IL
I feed mine mainly NLS and Omega One pellets along with some frozen food like mysis, brine, and chopped shrimp.

I've got a large group of Rhamphochromis sp "Chilingali" along with a solo male R. Esox and solo male R. Longiceps. The Longiceps is the largest at around 8-9" or so.

Dark SSide

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2010
Toledo, OH
Mine get NLS pellets as a staple. Also get a small freeze dried shrimp and brine shrimp on occasion.

BC88, since you have a few of the different kinds could you give me an ID on mine. It is on the first page of this post.

BC88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2006
IL
Dark SSide;5064041; said:
Mine get NLS pellets as a staple. Also get a small freeze dried shrimp and brine shrimp on occasion.

BC88, since you have a few of the different kinds could you give me an ID on mine. It is on the first page of this post.
Looks like R. Longiceps, the Rhamps are harder to confirm then most of the Malawi Haps. I've been told the only ones that have been exported are R. longiceps, R. esox, R. brevis and R. 'chilingali', but of course that could change at any time.

Dark SSide

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2010
Toledo, OH
BC88;5066281; said:
Looks like R. Longiceps, the Rhamps are harder to confirm then most of the Malawi Haps. I've been told the only ones that have been exported are R. longiceps, R. esox, R. brevis and R. 'chilingali', but of course that could change at any time.
Thank you

riftcichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Arizona
Those Rhamps are cool looking, I ran across a couple of Youtube videos showing them. Not much for color, but really a mean looking predator, they remind me of a barracuda. I was just about to ask if anyone knew where I might find some for sale when I ran across this thread. Anyone know of anyone who has them and ships? I'm in AZ. I'm looking for Rhamphochromis esox, although might consider any of the others if available.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store