Riddles

Derpeder

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
anyone have any good riddles. I have a friend who is really good at them and I'm trying to stump him. Let me know.

Derpeder

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Here is one he gave me....

A beggar's brother died, but the man who died had no brother. How could that be?

Derpeder

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Bingo.......

Try this one.....

You have 10 stacks of 10 coins. They appear to be identical, however, one of the stacks are fake. The real gold coins weigh 1 gr. Each. The fake coins weigh 1.1 gr each. You have a digital scale that you can use only 1 time. You can weigh as many coins from any stacks as you want but only 1 time. You set your coins on the scale and the scale prints out the weight. How do you determine which stack is fake?

FishSkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
mother earth
if your scaling 10 coins if it's over 10 grams trash it ...btw the seahawks lost .. and it will be the BEARS to take the win..even though i hope the Bears loose

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
weigh 1 coin from each stack 1 at a time, when it finnaly says .1 than BINGO!

Derpeder

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
FishSkins;677234; said:
if your scaling 10 coins if it's over 10 grams trash it ...btw the seahawks lost .. and it will be the BEARS to take the win..even though i hope the Bears loose
Don't worry the bears will lose and then they will be just like the seahawks. Losers for the 2006 Season.

Still a fan though. GO HAWKS.

and milkman..........no..........the scale blows if you try to use it twice. Add that to the riddle.

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
Derpeder;677222; said:
Bingo.......

Try this one.....

You have 10 stacks of 10 coins. They appear to be identical, however, one of the stacks are fake. The real gold coins weigh 1 gr. Each. The fake coins weigh 1.1 gr each. You have a digital scale that you can use only 1 time. You can weigh as many coins from any stacks as you want but only 1 time. You set your coins on the scale and the scale prints out the weight. How do you determine which stack is fake?

Take 1 coin from the 1st stack, 2 from the 2nd, 3 from the 3rd, ..., and 10 from the 10th stack and weigh them all together. If the weight of these coins is 55.1 grams then you know it is the 1st stack since 1.1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 10 = 55.1. If it is 55.2 then it is the 2nd stack, 55.3 is the 3rd, etc.. If the coins weigh 56 grams then it is the 10th stack which holds the 1.1g coins.

Derpeder

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Correct.........

Okay I have one more.........then some of you have to post some........

A bus driver was heading down a street in Colorado. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign, and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
Derpeder;677271; said:
Correct.........

Okay I have one more.........then some of you have to post some........

A bus driver was heading down a street in Colorado. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign, and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a cop car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?
he was walking;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store