E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Wiggles92;5043339; said:
x2.

There have been quite a few mysterious threads this particular sub-forum that have turned out to be pretty anti-climactic.
very good points...i should note that i never said i had an actual answer...just asking if people noticed anything unusual about the pic :)

i am glad it eventually transitioned to talking about the actual fish and not random comments about photoshopping. can't take responsibility for the other "anti-climactic mysterious threads" on forum though...those are usually threads that start off with "ID my gar" and inevitably end with "Florida gar".--
--solomon

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
E_americanus;5043388; said:
very good points...i should note that i never said i had an actual answer...just asking if people noticed anything unusual about the pic :)

i am glad it eventually transitioned to talking about the actual fish and not random comments about photoshopping. can't take responsibility for the other "anti-climactic mysterious threads" on forum though...those are usually threads that start off with "ID my gar" and inevitably end with "Florida gar".--
--solomon
So what did you think was unusual about the picture? :grinno:

E_americanus;5043392; said:
i WILL take this opp to point out the new gator gar episode on Fish Warrior on National Geographic...i don't know if it has aired already (someone let me know if it has - their site's schedule is hard to make sense of). video previews are found at the link:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/fish-warrior/5017/Overview
According to this website, it aired March 11 of this year.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Wiggles92;5043406; said:
So what did you think was unusual about the picture? :grinno:
well take a look at the photo in the Nat-Geo photo post, and compare it to the skull in the original pic :)

Wiggles92;5043406; said:
According to this website, it aired March 11 of this year.
awesome, thanks for the info...that means i can hopefully track it down online!--
--solomon

PS-- if someone has seen the episode please let us know what they think!--

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
E_americanus;5043674; said:
well take a look at the photo in the Nat-Geo photo post, and compare it to the skull in the original pic :)

awesome, thanks for the info...that means i can hopefully track it down online!--
--solomon

PS-- if someone has seen the episode please let us know what they think!--
Well that leads me to believe that it's either a Croc III or a longnose gar; I'm leaning more towards Croc III because the snout appears to be in between the width of the alligator gar and longnose gar.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
And that picture reminds me again anytime I see a gator gar for sale I just say No...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store