RO/DI Water Questions

Jrob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2011
Michigan
i know marc personally, he is an AWESOME guy and he sells quality rock...don't EVER purchase 'live rock' it's just too big of a risk. Personally i wouldn't even buy my clean up crew from petco either, the only things i ever purchase from petsmart/co are supplies...brushes/food... and that's if its a absolutely necessary...otherwise i make my own food and have magnet cleaners.. lol

Marcorocks.com is the way to go. Buy 30lbs of it and call it a day.
Cichlid king is dead on with the sand, you want a DSB (deep sand bed) which basically on the bottom of the tank is over 3".
Be careful of mixing hermit crabs like that...sometimes it works...but in my experience some of the differed colors tend to go cannibal. (my blue's somehow took over my red population very very slowly.)

Ptrick125

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown Texas
I have bought from both petco and the LFS...

For the cleanup crew, petco is cheap, and my inverts are still alive :)

For LR I bought some petco LR, but it isn't very porous, therefore not allowing it to hold in as much beneficial bacteria. The LFS may be a little bit more for LR, but it is definitely worth it.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cichlid_king

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2011
Fond du lac, Wisconsin
It all boils down to personal opinion. I dont like to buy live things from petco. I would just rather support my LFS

Sent from my HTC Hero S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store