Rookie mistake

fish market

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sydney
when the fish get used to vibration(floor or tank), you don't need a lid.
I knock the glass before I feed them. They wont get scared by any vibration, so they wont jump!

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
OOPS WRONG THREAD SORRY. Heh. Edit.

But to actually answer, I'm sorry about your loss.

I disagree with fish market above me. Fish will jump even if they're not scared sometimes. And some fish are just species that always jump, although oscars aren't exactly known for their air time.

swerve_23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2013
Mission Viejo, Ca 92691
I found my tire track on the floor one morning dried up. When I went to throw him out u started to squirm ran back and put him in the tank and it survived. I thought for sure it was dead

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I had a 11 inch Bala Shark jump on on me and I had 3/4 of the tank drained. I couldn't believe he jumped that high and still cleared the tank to end up on the floor... and I was only dumping the water outside for about 5=10 seconds.

GaCichlid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
Georgia
Went out of state for a few days. Was looking in my tank and I see my 6" Fossorochromis rostratus was dead. The temperate seemed hot inside the tank. I was like crap. I then start looking for my venustus who is about 6". I'm thinking the rostratus ate him or something random. Turns out he jumped out of the tank through about a 2" (if that, had a plastic strip over it) opening and ended up under my bed. Found him a day later

Malefactor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2014
United States
Ouch, lost an SAE and Tetra this week to jumping. Decided it was to stop open tops. Been running the tank for a year open top, this is the first time and twice in one week. Just glad it wasn't any bigger / more expensive fish.

Silverwanna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2014
Savannah Ga
Know this is an old thread but was doing a water change the other day with the top of and my silver arowana decided to jump out of the water! about 12 inches and landed right back in the water. My heart dropped when I saw him jump but so glad he landed back in the tank haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store