Rosetta Stone?

CichlidAddict

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
MN
Kobeclone;2612274; said:
Oh, and don't forget, Michael Phelps uses it, so you can't go wrong.:D
Heh heh.. He can hardly speak English. Did you watch any of his interviews? Painful.

Kobeclone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2007
Kansas
CichlidAddict;2612301; said:
Heh heh.. He can hardly speak English. Did you watch any of his interviews? Painful.
Yeah, he definetely has a speach problem... but who cares, he isn't making millions of dollars and winning 14 golds over the last 2 olympics for talking....

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
I have it. I have the Latin Spanish one.

I'm going to teach myself fluent Spanish in 6 months. It's one of those personal challenge things. Haven't started it yet. Will soon though.

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
i have been taking spanish at school since the fourth grade, and only recently have i been able to speak in even the most simple sentences. i have been thinking about taking rosetta stone over the summer to give myself a bit of an edge in junior year

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
few friends using it... they are learning new languages quick

cassharper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Mansfield, Texas
it's good, not the best though. Look up on Pimsleur.

Their advertisements are a little exaggerated... but it works great. My fiancee uses it for spanish, and I am about to order the arabic version.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
cassharper;2612882; said:

Their advertisements are a little exaggerated... but it works great. My fiancee uses it for spanish, and I am about to order the arabic version.
I don't know about their software, but my wife has been listening to the Pimsleur audio CD's (Spanish) and she likes them pretty well. A big plus is that they are available at the local library. Also, being just a normal audio CD, they're easy to copy (for personal use, of course...)

Andrewtfw

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Maryland
I have read and heard great things about Rosetta Stone. My new gf speaks only spanish and I failed spanish in high school three times (okay, I failed it the first time because of the grammar; the other two times I skipped out too many times to pass). Talking with her while using google translate has helped me a lot, but I see the need for rosetta stone in my future. I wish it was not so expensive! I heard the public libraries may have it installed on their computers but not available to be checked out.

hamato_yoshii

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Earth (temporarily)
cassharper;2612882; said:

I have heard of them as well.
I'm looking to learn arabic too, thankfully my best friend is Lebanese so I can get a head start.

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
Pimsleur is ALOT cheaper than Rosetta-on ebay you can get conversational spanish for less than 30 bucks--and they have alot of other languages too.. i think i may get the spanish one..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store