RTC Heavy Breating and Wont Eat

RTCLover86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2010
Illinois
TheCanuck;4389815; said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jebao-5000gph-L...506843449?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_2858wt_989

This is a pump your going to want to start with. Comes with a warranty too. Eventually you will maybe want 2 of them. You want to put this inside a 55g plastic tub and put another tub on top of the pump and drill holes. Then fill the whole container with gravel or bio material, then sponge. Then put the top on with holes drilled in the top and cut an exit port for the output.
Hey thanks, I marked it as watched on my ebay acct...Just have to wait a couple weeks before I will have the money for it...But since it doesnt have an end date...it'll be there for me when I get the cash! Tyvm

RTCLover86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2010
Illinois
Pump came in today so that gives me the rest of what i was waiting on, now time to hook it up and let it cycle, I have some driftwood in the pond already hoping it boosts the process of getting the PH were it needs to be so I get get my RTC in there soon!

Sarah88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2009
Wilmington, NC
jack.barton;4395007; said:
what an..........$#@$
dude read the whole thread, yeah he started out really poorly but the cat is now in a 500g pond and he is in the process of making a larger pond for it. so he is learning from his mistakes and making a better home for his cat

OP, THANKYOU when i read your first post i was about ready to write a very rude answer post but i see that you are actually taking people's advice and are making moves to make a better home for your cat, im sure he will appreciate the extra room and its good to see a newbie on here actually taking advice and learning from their mistakes, just make sure from now on that you have the set-up FIRST and then get the fish because just like what happened to you, you never know what circumstances come up and can screw up the plans you thought were a sure thing

RTCLover86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2010
Illinois
Sarah88;4395836; said:
dude read the whole thread, yeah he started out really poorly but the cat is now in a 500g pond and he is in the process of making a larger pond for it. so he is learning from his mistakes and making a better home for his cat

OP, THANKYOU when i read your first post i was about ready to write a very rude answer post but i see that you are actually taking people's advice and are making moves to make a better home for your cat, im sure he will appreciate the extra room and its good to see a newbie on here actually taking advice and learning from their mistakes, just make sure from now on that you have the set-up FIRST and then get the fish because just like what happened to you, you never know what circumstances come up and can screw up the plans you thought were a sure thing
Yeah I have definitely learned from that mistake of getting the fish on the promise of having everything taken care of by the time the fish reached this size, but thanks to some of the people that left very helpful information while allowing me time to throw together something to take care of the problem for quite awhile, The Filter and the Pump are both running as we speak, now just waiting on the cycling and hopefully very shortly he will be able to enjoy his new home. Water Temp right now is what i am waiting for the most! Ill post some pics here of the progress in a few.

RTCLover86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2010
Illinois
This is the tank as of today!!

leather

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2010
Pennsylvania
Thats a great setup you have going already. Be sure to watch your water quality, that is a small filter. It should be fine because he is such a small guy, but make sure you don't overfeed. Start reading the DIY filter section, and get an idea of what you are going to do. A tote, a filter sock, and a bag of biomedia will go a long way to keeping your water pristine. Great job, you went all the way fast, thats a bigger setup then a huge amount of the guys on here have going.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store