Rubbermaid stock tank with FX6

shoefreak03

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
in my own little world
Hello,

Does anyone use Rubbermaid stock tank with FX6 filtration? If so, would like some suggestions on how you keep the inlet and outlet secured. Stock tank the 300 gallon.

I’m running into issues with the suction cup on the inlet not being securely fasten onto the wall of the flat side of the tank (likely due to not being a smooth surface).

The supplied clips are too small to fit over the lip of the tank so the outlet is also not able to be secured.

any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Not being able to secure both inlet and outlet tubes feels like an accident waiting to happen. Haha.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello,

Does anyone use Rubbermaid stock tank with FX6 filtration? If so, would like some suggestions on how you keep the inlet and outlet secured. Stock tank the 300 gallon.

I’m running into issues with the suction cup on the inlet not being securely fasten onto the wall of the flat side of the tank (likely due to not being a smooth surface).

The supplied clips are too small to fit over the lip of the tank so the outlet is also not able to be secured.

any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Not being able to secure both inlet and outlet tubes feels like an accident waiting to happen. Haha.
Can you post a pic of the inlet and outlet tubes?

Reactions: Backfromthedead

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
It's easy to put together DIY constucts with PVC pipe and elbows, which you can design to be the correct width to just fit over the rim of the tank. Make a long one to reach the bottom for the intake; and a shorter one to return water up near the surface. You can add another PVC 90 to the interior return to allow easy attachment of a horizontal spray bar if you want.

I don't use canisters (because they are instruments of Satan...) but I have several of these gizmos made up with threaded attachments on the exterior arm that allow me to easily attach hoses for draining, filling, returns from sumps, etc. They are a joy.

Suction cups are a complete waste of time on these plastics. If you think you need more security, you can drill a couple small holes an inch or so apart along the top rim of the stock tank and then use them to tie the PVC pipe down with elastics, string, etc...or just cobble something together. The less permanent, the better; you'll undoubtedly be changing and modding it as time passes, so keep it simple.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It's easy to put together DIY constucts with PVC pipe and elbows, which you can design to be the correct width to just fit over the rim of the tank. Make a long one to reach the bottom for the intake; and a shorter one to return water up near the surface. You can add another PVC 90 to the interior return to allow easy attachment of a horizontal spray bar if you want.

I don't use canisters (because they are instruments of Satan...) but I have several of these gizmos made up with threaded attachments on the exterior arm that allow me to easily attach hoses for draining, filling, returns from sumps, etc. They are a joy.

Suction cups are a complete waste of time on these plastics. If you think you need more security, you can drill a couple small holes an inch or so apart along the top rim of the stock tank and then use them to tie the PVC pipe down with elastics, string, etc...or just cobble something together. The less permanent, the better; you'll undoubtedly be changing and modding it as time passes, so keep it simple.
I was thinking about the pvc as well and that's why I asked for a pic.

Reactions: jjohnwm

socaliclown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2024
I have a RM 300. It's outdoors at the end of my patio. Half inground and I made a wet/dry trickle filter from a storage tote with bio balls and floss. Crystal Clear and Large Koi over 10 years.20230802_163447.jpg

Reactions: Dutchaj

Trouser Bark

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2022
S socaliclown I've come back to this thread multiple times after having seen your pond. Very nicely done.

I've wanted an RM 300 for a good while but the dims are too wide for the indoor pool I thought would be cool. Perfect for outdoor though and I'm going to head that direction based on your example. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: socaliclown

socaliclown

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2024
S socaliclown I've come back to this thread multiple times after having seen your pond. Very nicely done.

I've wanted an RM 300 for a good while but the dims are too wide for the indoor pool I thought would be cool. Perfect for outdoor though and I'm going to head that direction based on your example. Thanks for sharing.
Glad to inspire.

Dutchaj

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2017
S socaliclown i echo Trouser Bark Trouser Bark , that is really nicely done

Reactions: socaliclown
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store