Rules for mixing RBP w/ caribe?

sheajared

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Stillwater, MN
How well does it work mixing RBP with caribe... What's the general ratio of rbp to caribe that works best, more rbp to less caribe or vice versa? What sizes work best with the mix, bigger rbp or caribe? (And how how much bigger)

Or... Is it a better idea to just stick with one species or the other in the tank?

Thanks ahead of time for the input

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
How well does it work mixing RBP with caribe... What's the general ratio of rbp to caribe that works best, more rbp to less caribe or vice versa? What sizes work best with the mix, bigger rbp or caribe? (And how how much bigger)

Or... Is it a better idea to just stick with one species or the other in the tank?

Thanks ahead of time for the input

SandNukka15 SandNukka15

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Carine tend to be more aggressive then red bellies so most likely you will loose more reds depending on how many fish, tank size ect.

Theres no general rule except never 2.....i consider a shoal 6 or more

The more the better to spread out aggression

But we cant accurately give u an answer unless u tell us what size fish u plan to mix and what size tank you have

sheajared

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Carine tend to be more aggressive then red bellies so most likely you will loose more reds depending on how many fish, tank size ect.

Theres no general rule except never 2.....i consider a shoal 6 or more

The more the better to spread out aggression

But we cant accurately give u an answer unless u tell us what size fish u plan to mix and what size tank you have
Planned on a shoal of 4-6 (standard 75 currently, could always move to a 120 fat boy if needed)

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Well I can tell you I kept Pacus with red belly piranhas and couldn't tell them apart eventually. They got massive and sold them but for 3 days I was very sick a long time ago and didn't feed the fish. I ended up losing a piranha lol

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Planned on a shoal of 4-6 (standard 75 currently, could always move to a 120 fat boy if needed)
If you plan on upgrading i would go with a 6 foot tank over a 4 foot 120..... with just a 75 i would do 3-4 reds for life.....with a 120 i would do maybe 5......caribe need a comfortable 2 foot width for life

Reactions: jimmie d wad
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store