Sa/Ca cichlid Crosses video

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
yeah if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck and belongs in the hybrid section. :)

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Yes this belongs in the FLOWERHORN AND OTHER CICHLID CROSSES section, and defiantly not Other Hybrids section.

For the record, Convict x Green terror is not possible. Almost positive that image is a Blue Acara which is in the same genus as Green Terrors. So that one fish is appropriate to post here but not the others.

Aqualoon

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Minnesota
ACTUALLY...
thanks for sharing this in this category, I would have not looked into the hybrid section without it. Interesting looking fish, Ill have to do more research in the hybrid section before I ask any questions.
I agree, was interesting to see.

AcsFoolMike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Bethpage, NY
yeah but this is for sa/ca cichlid members to see the cool sa/ca crosses ,and if its in the hybrid section alot of people with sa/ca wont see it
Yes this belongs in the FLOWERHORN AND OTHER CICHLID CROSSES section, and defiantly not Other Hybrids section.

For the record, Convict x Green terror is not possible. Almost positive that image is a Blue Acara which is in the same genus as Green Terrors. So that one fish is appropriate to post here but not the others.

Exactly. You say this should be here because it's SA/CA cichlid crosses, but there is an EXACT forum for those hybrids.

I found most of the fish repulsive to be honest, and the one or two that were attractive I'm pretty sure were photoshopped.

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA

I wouldn't say the convict x GT is impossible, but even if it were genetically possible it would still be highly unlikely. I agree with you though that that particular fish was probably some sort of blue acara or possibly a blue acara x GT.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
There are more threads/disscussions in the CA/SA section then the hybrid section. It seems people only want hybrids these days and wipe out all the pure strains.

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
I've seen all of these pics in a long-running thread in the hybrid section. Some are questionable though. I think some of them look pretty nice, especially the Manaconda. But I still think that there are plenty of beautiful American Cichlids that need no improvements or alterations.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Demand for verifiably "pure" lines of fish will ensure their continued availability.
Exactly. I can never understand all the hate directed towards people that keep a hybrid in their tank. It's not like any of these fish are fooling anyone, nor is anyone using hybrids to repopulate native stock. According to some peoples standards 3/4 of the fish in this hobby would have to be flushed down the toilet. I also never see this kind of angst when someone posts pics of their midevil crosses, why is that? Just curious .....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store