Sad News

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I just noticed yesterday that my Ornate was missing. Don't know how long he's been gone, but I looked all around the tank. I checked the top of the tank and yup...there was a piece of the back top where the hoses come out was knocked out of place. No body, so I can only assume that it jumped and some vermin carried him off:(

I guess it's good that I didn't find him because I don't want to take a sad pic of a dried up corpse to show. Instead, here's a pic of him (also my avatar) in all his glory. 13" and only 4-5 year with me. It's kind of a bummer...I've always wanted to be that MFKer that has had the same fish for at least 10 years. The closest I have come is my Vampire Pleco of 9 years.

_DSC0033.jpg

GSXSRT4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2014
South Florida
Wow that ornate was beautiful. I for one pasted a few scares with mine but was able to find it hiding somewhere. It was to small for that tank so I had to move it to a smaller. Now it's out and about and happy. I know it's hard to start over but for me that I've lost a few precious fish during my growing pains of fish keeping. I am always excited to add a new addition to the family.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Sorry for your loss I feel your pain

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Sorry to hear that man, your ornate was beautiful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store