Safe for fish? PVC Cement

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I have an Fx5 filter, and the outtake goes out really strong and spreads my sand far apart. I built a little contraption with 70 1/4” holes to prevent the sand from spreading. I used the clear stuff you dab on with a round thing. I’m connecting a few PVC elbows and T’s. It would be inside the tank.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I have an Fx5 filter, and the outtake goes out really strong and spreads my sand far apart. I built a little contraption with 70 1/4” holes to prevent the sand from spreading. I used the clear stuff you dab on with a round thing. I’m connecting a few PVC elbows and T’s. It would be inside the tank.

View attachment 1486427

View attachment 1486428
Yea that’s safe for use in aquariums. However long the container says to let it sit for wait for double that time just to be safe.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
If the pvc fittings inside the tank on your spray bar are snug fitting, there is no need to solvent weld them together.

If you solvent weld all the 90's and tees to the pipe sections, it's going to be difficult to get a tube brush in there to clean them out periodically.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I haven’t scrubbed my eheim canister’s spray bars in 8-10 years and have had no issues. i doe use RId-x from time to time to reduce the mulm

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
If the pvc fittings inside the tank on your spray bar are snug fitting, there is no need to solvent weld them together.

If you solvent weld all the 90's and tees to the pipe sections, it's going to be difficult to get a tube brush in there to clean them out periodically.
Agree
I only glue pipes that would drip outside the tank, or are in danger of dislodging, most friction fit is fine in the tank.
But beyond that, I have used clear, and the gray glues on plumbing in my tanks for 30 years (and including the purple solvent primer).

Reactions: deeda
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store