Sales at LFS

nasomi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2011
United States
In about 2 weeks my LFS is having a sale, 50% off all fish. I'm hurrying to get my discus tank ready by then. However if it's not ready, is there a way to store them until it is ready? The plants and shrimp are going in tomorrow. Suggestions?

TheFishJunky

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
Jersey
I agree with Chizzle,I don't see any reason why the cycle wouldn't be ready in 2 weeks. You could also use "CYCLE" if you cannot find stability.They both work fine.In the mean time do you have any other tanks running? Is the store closing?If they are closing you could also possibly buy a cycled filter to help with the process, or some of their media etc.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I would recommend Seachem Stabilty as well. Other products might work but I've always had success with it. Should be done in 2 weeks for sure, and you could keep dosing once you get the fish if you have a mini-cycle.

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Some lfs would "markup" their norm prices so it would be really less than 50 percent off.

For cycling many stuff out there to help with that but I'm not worried about that I'm more worried about u not QTing your stocks before adding them all into that tank?

Wish I could dedicate one of my tanks to discus as think they're awesome fish to have!

nasomi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2011
United States
It's their 2yr birthday, 5 day sale. Their discus are in the $80-150, consistent pricing with the internet on size and colour. I have another tank, but it's water quality is not consistent with what discus like, ph of 9, and the blood parrots are aggressive towards anything slower than them.

What is not QTing?

The tank is going to be aquascaped, I'm setting up the scape this weekend.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Proteus;5165627; said:
Some lfs would "markup" their norm prices so it would be really less than 50 percent off.

For cycling many stuff out there to help with that but I'm not worried about that I'm more worried about u not QTing your stocks before adding them all into that tank?

Wish I could dedicate one of my tanks to discus as think they're awesome fish to have!
Wouldn't a new tank with discus basically count as a quarantine? No reason to QT if you aren't introducing fish to other fish you currently own...

nasomi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2011
United States
With the cycle I was going to put 20 or so cherry shrimp in and a small temporary moss on rock that will come out once the rest of the moss comes in. I was going to add a few neon tetras as well, but I'm not sure they'll handle the 89F i'm planning to keep the tank at for the discus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store