salt OK with stingray??

IKeepPacu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Long Island, New York
i just noticed one of my rams and jellybean are flashing for some reason with clamped fins, and the others arent as active as usual.

as a precaution, would it be a good idea to add aquarium salt incase of any sickness with the fish, or is that a no-no with rays??

ive looked long and hard, and dont notice any external signs of disease, but i know that means as much as a $3 bill

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Salt is fine, just dissolve it first..

If you read some of the threads, alot of people use it frequently with rays.

IKeepPacu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Long Island, New York
i generally use it out of habit with my community fish, but remember reading somewhere that salt was a NO with rays. but couldent find the info again, so figured i might be wrong.

and what temp would be safe to turn the tank upto without harming the ray or fish?? im currently keeping at 82. would 85 be too warm for the blood-parrot, and ray? i know the rams can withstand the temp.

maybe this will teach me to finally start using a damn quarentine tank. newest addition was the blood-parrot, so if anythings wrong, its that little mutts fault

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
IKeepPacu;1413146; said:
i generally use it out of habit with my community fish, but remember reading somewhere that salt was a NO with rays. but couldent find the info again, so figured i might be wrong.

and what temp would be safe to turn the tank upto without harming the ray or fish?? im currently keeping at 82. would 85 be too warm for the blood-parrot, and ray? i know the rams can withstand the temp.

maybe this will teach me to finally start using a damn quarentine tank. newest addition was the blood-parrot, so if anythings wrong, its that little mutts fault

I have my Temp at 84/5* with my Motoro pup. He is looking good, no signs of stress (from Temp.)

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
my ray tank used to run at 88-90 some days with no problems... most ray keepers hold the temp at 86 anyway.... I know lots of people who keep salt in there water at all times and have rays...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store