Saltwater 240 gallon.

mcarrillo0811

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2021
Hi I have a 240 gallon saltwater aquarium that’s being cycled as we speak. I wanted some advice on what species of shark if possible I can keep if so how many and which ones. They will be the focal point of the tank and possible tanks mates as well. The specs on my tank are 96x24x24. Thank you guys.

Reactions: tlindsey

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Some type of catshark, probably a bamboo. No more than two. Either way, an extra foot in width would probably be better for a shark. A better option for a predator would be a grouper, moray, or lion.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi I have a 240 gallon saltwater aquarium that’s being cycled as we speak. I wanted some advice on what species of shark if possible I can keep if so how many and which ones. They will be the focal point of the tank and possible tanks mates as well. The specs on my tank are 96x24x24. Thank you guys.
Welcome aboard

Tbh you will need to upgrade in the future but the Marbled Catshark would be my choice.

mcarrillo0811

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2021
Thank you I appreciate that I just wanted to be safe on my decision. About what size are you thinking I should upgrade to later on?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thank you I appreciate that I just wanted to be safe on my decision. About what size are you thinking I should upgrade to later on?
Like stated by Deadeye Deadeye you want extra width so 8×3× 3 would be good for the Marbled Catshark for life imo. Please take your time making sure your parameters are stable prior to adding your shark.

Reactions: Fishnerd360

mcarrillo0811

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2021
Definitely will I’m not planning to add for a while I want everything to be perfect. Since they are a real investment.

mcarrillo0811

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2021
That’s what I really don’t want to injure the shark I want it to be the center piece and make it as natural environment.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
That’s what I really don’t want to injure the shark I want it to be the center piece and make it as natural environment.
Purchased a Bamboo Shark pup and added a Juvenile Picasso Trigger and woke up one morning to a one eyed shark. I also warned a lfs about this when they had a Queen Trigger in with Bamboo pups. The lfs ignored the warning because I went back a couple of weeks later and sharks were missing eyes. I was so irratated and upset I had to leave immediately.

Reactions: Fishnerd360
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store