Saltwater Electric eels?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
toehead11183;1293287; said:
I am about to get a SA electric eel and i was talking to my dad about it. he asked if it was salt or freshwater. we got into an arguement whether or not the electric eel is fresh or salt.
ARE THERE ANY SALTWATER ELECTRIC EELS?

Electric eels are FW only, there are a couple electric fish that are salt though, I think the most potent is the torpedo ray.

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
Pufferpunk;1326466; said:
As long as you ar absolutely positive they can take him when you're done with him. Too late now--it sounds like you already have him in your posession.
yeah i got him in my 150 in the kitchen. he's eating goldfish and market shrimp.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I was trying to say the same thing. We have the Shedd Aquarium around here & folks say they know the curator there & but when it came down actually taking the fish, they just did't have the space. Just because it may be getting along with your fish now, doesn't mean they are going to be willing to risk theirs, especially when it is more of an adult. I hope for the fish's sake you get lucky in this case.

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
O i c that thing is sick but if i was only going to have one fish in my tank id prbly go with a jardini but if i had a spare thank i might consider one

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
stingray man;1327258; said:
O i c that thing is sick but if i was only going to have one fish in my tank id prbly go with a jardini but if i had a spare thank i might consider one
i couldnt afford to feed a jar. too many feeders. this guy doesnt eat much

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
I was thinking about asking that i thought he would eat a ton. And jardinis eat more than just feeders ur not even saposed to feed them feeders

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store