Saltwater tips FOWLR

JASamper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2012
California
Purchased all my supplies yesterday bringing my total price for my 120 4'x2'x2' tank and all the equipment including live rock and substrate to around $1,100 pretty decent price in my opinion. Will have all my things by Wednesday because the the sump at the store didn't fit under my tank so the guy was kind enough to hook me up with a custom made one for no charge, So I'll be setting it up by Thursday and any tips would be great..and if everything goes to plan I was thinking on keeping a Jeweled Moray Eel and a Dwarf Lionfish
:headbang2

Comatose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Boston
Eels are the way to go with saltwater!
+ a million!!

Jeweled morays are awesome, awesome starter species, and one that will keep you happy even when you're an expert. Enjoy!!

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
yeah if I were doing fish only, I would do eels for sure!

Olunds

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2009
Mi
Always glad to see more people on the salt forums here on mfk. Building a fowlr set up myself with a volitan lion and an eel ( maybe fire coral or brazilian horned). I cant wait to see pictures!

Comatose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Boston
Fire corals, or any miliaris color form, are pretty awesome, and damn near reef safe too.

JASamper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2012
California
I got the tank (4x2x2)/stand/light for like $390 and the sump, skimmer, live rock, substrate, heater, and salt for around like $630 if I'm correct I'll need to check again I think it was a sweet deal imo and the tank has a 6 year warranty for leaks
:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store