Saratoga jardini pond build

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
pretty good. my jar is putting on some mass and my calico b/n are breeding like flies in my brother's planted tank

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Quality , my fish are all ok , been working on my Malawi tank atm put a load of new rocks in that I got off the beach on holiday , still not constructed my led lights looking to do them this weekend if I get chance got all the bits just needs building patiently

Archer1X

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2013
Astral Plane
After six years my jar has decided he likes hikari gold pellets :D he's hammering them as im dropping them in its crazy , all he's ever done since I got him was eat one and spit it out
How did you trained him to eat pellets?
Mine have always eaten feeder fish like crazy and refuse to eat anything other than them.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Alright archer , you could do a few things to get them on pellet , you could starve your aro for a week or so but be warned when ive tried this in past he's eaten tankmates so keep an eye on things , you could soak the pellet in prawns to add fishy smell or stuff prawns with the pellet to get him used to the taste , try get yours off the feeders and onto prawns , muscles and whitebait for starters then eventually onto pellets

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
my method for weaning fish onto dry foods is to crush up the pellets and sprinkle it all over their usual food. Problem with my system is that it's easy to make some serious mess in the tank... especially if they don't eat it

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Alright Steve how's fish ? I've managed to get my led's up and running , and managed to get an fx6 at trade cost off my mate at lfs so big smiles all round my end :D

StingraySteve

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Australia
Alright Steve how's fish ? I've managed to get my led's up and running , and managed to get an fx6 at trade cost off my mate at lfs so big smiles all round my end :D
not a bad deal by the sounds of things. My toga has been busy polishing off the jags (2 left now) and I'm just doing the finishing touches on my rack. Hopefully ill have enough $$$ saved to order some more natives from up north

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
hahaha sounds like a true jag eating jar :D , glad to hear your racks going good im pretty much fully stocked for a while now , just keep getting the odd Malawi there's always room in there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store