Satelite LEDs

cali~budfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2008
Sacramento
Are you talking about these; http://www.current-usa.com/aquarium-led-lights/satellite-freshwater-led-plus ??

If so, I love mine, huge step up from the cheaper blue/white combo units IMO. Worth every cent, even more so when the Ramp Timers come out.
This is why I've been waiting to buy these lights. No timer options was the only holdback. But if they're coming out with a timer for them I'm in! Best light all around that I've seen.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cjdesmit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2010
USA, Indiana
bbortko, thanks for the pics. I have a 48" Beamswork on my 6ft 135gal and it looks no where near that bright. Were those pics taken with the standard (all LEDs) setting selected?

Whats the deal with the timer? Are they coming out with fixtures that have a built in timer or is it an accessory you add on? I may hold out for one with a timer as well if they are built in..

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
The timer is an add on for the current Current lights. Pm me with an email address and I'll forward you the PDF I have on the timers.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Great price too. I'm wondering if they r going to come out w/ newer model bc I would like a timer too. Possibly a longer piece for my 6x2x

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Here are a few cell phone pics (wige yells at me when I fiddle with her camera). Its a 48" fixture on s 72" 125
View attachment 944348

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Beautiful tank and background. :) Me want this light.

So what is the deal with the timer? Is it going to be something you purchase separately or will it be a new light fixture you have to buy different than the current model?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
bbortko, thanks for the pics. I have a 48" Beamswork on my 6ft 135gal and it looks no where near that bright. Were those pics taken with the standard (all LEDs) setting selected?

Whats the deal with the timer? Are they coming out with fixtures that have a built in timer or is it an accessory you add on? I may hold out for one with a timer as well if they are built in..
The fixture is on the full spectrum setting, played with the other settings as well as customizing but this is what looked best to me for my stock as a whole as well as the tank.

cjdesmit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2010
USA, Indiana
Thanks for the link Endo. $119 with free shipping is pretty dang good! Anyone find them anywhere else for cheaper?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store