Scarred for life

lekkiandgas

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2015
hertfordshire, england
Did I tell you guys that I recently accidentally sooked up a danio while using the python? He went up super fast, then I just managed to pinch it before he got to the faucet bit; I reversed it and he went super fast in the opposite direction and back into the tank lol.

He looked slightly worse for wear after that :/
LOL :D

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
I haven't had any huge disasters, but the toughest loss I experienced was probably the first one... When I was 8-9 years old I got my first tank, and I think we were moving it or something? We had all the fish in a bucket, and one of my zebra danios jumped out. I found him on the floor, and he was a goner... But I thought that my mom should be able to do something to help him because she is a nurse. I was devastated...

Not much of a story... But it was crushing at the time.

I was also pretty upset when two of my brookies jumped out of their tank the day after collection. I had used shade cloth as a cover, that was a mistake... The first thing I did after finding the two dead fish on the floor was go out and buy plexi for lids.

The rest of my fish disasters have been more wet floor related... I use RO water and fill 5 gallon buckets, and I uses to leave the bucket on the floor and run a tube from the faucet. One time I went outside to pull some weeds and my wife came home to find the bucket overflowing and the kitchen floor soaked. She just about lost it and suggested that all of the tanks had to go. That didn't happen again... And the stupidest part is that the bucket fits in the sink under the faucet... So sometimes I still forget it while it is filling, but it overflows down the drain.

lekkiandgas

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2015
hertfordshire, england
My boyfriend once had a juvi convict
it disappeared and 6 month later he cleaned filter and it was living in it!
Was totally weird swimming on side but put back in tank made full recovery

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Bought 4 SAE's last week for my predator tank, thought they would be big enough not to be eaten. Have one left today

tyl089

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
San Jose,
Dead pictus in my mud turtle tank. I let the turtles eat dead fish, good for them. Few hours later, the mud had a pictus spike impaled in his arm. I had to remove it and he wasn't able to use that arm for about a week. He's still kicking and normal to this day, but I was scared sh*tless and the spike was covered in blood and had a chunk of vein on it.....Is that bad enough?
Ouch so long as he recovered and lesson learned

tyl089

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
San Jose,
Years ago, used windex to clean my tank. Clean sides, but breeding colony of yellow labs all dead. Vinegar and water from then on. Aldo dead bichir from not covering up tsnk right. Jumped out to his doom.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Ouch so long as he recovered and lesson learned

Thought he was disabled for life. He's kicking and healthy to this day. Though, he immediately panics the second I walk into the room. He lives with a black belt who's way too damn aggressive to keep with anything else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store