Scratches in glass

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
http://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/polishers/6-inch-compact-palm-polisher-90219.html

This is the buffer that I used and it does a pretty great job for 18 bucks but it broke during the polishing of the glass. Went to get a new one and apparently they stopped making it and now have this buffer in stores unless you get lucky.

http://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/polishers/6-compact-palm-polisher-69487.html
This buffer sucks, it doesnt rotate but vibrates and makes a circle motion that isnt complete if that makes sense but I dont recomend this buffer, total garbage. I finished up the area with this buffer and gave up just cause this buffer half assed the job as my bones in my wrist felt like they were clashing together.

I'm sure if you get a quality industrial buffer or even a air powered buffer it would work in a fraction of the time but there a bit too pricey for the job they do imo.
Thanks for the reply and the review on two buffers. I was thinking about getting a buffer myself and was wondering how much a difference there is between price points on them and efficiency. I learned the hard way with cordless drills how much a difference price can make, though I will say there are times when a product will surprise you and just a $2 difference between products can be night and day. Again thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Thanks for the reply and the review on two buffers. I was thinking about getting a buffer myself and was wondering how much a difference there is between price points on them and efficiency. I learned the hard way with cordless drills how much a difference price can make, though I will say there are times when a product will surprise you and just a $2 difference between products can be night and day. Again thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Very very true. I have stripped countless nuts/bolts with wrenches/sockets that are cheap but surly aren't for the job haha. Price and quality directly when it comes to quality tools from my experiences. Best tool I have ever bought was a quality nut cracker for my cheapness of buying low quality wrenches and sockets lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store