SCrivings new with pics

scriving

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
the cuts
ya i would like a kamfa but its probably going to be a high quality red dragon or maybe a kml

scriving

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
the cuts
can somebody help me out with filtration what should i put in the chambers for maximum filtration also is a pump necessary

scriving

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
the cuts
scriving;4316285; said:
can somebody help me out with filtration what should i put in the chambers for maximum filtration also is a pump necessary
TTT

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
arnt those scrubby things good for wet/drys like that? I really know nothing about them tho

scriving

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
the cuts
ya i may fill one chamber with pot scrubbers but thats not really what i am worried about im just trying to figure out what i hook the powerhead up to. do i need a pump should i put some sorta filter pad over the trickle filter if someone who is versed on setup of these thing could help it would be greatly appreciated this is the first time i have seen a setup like this with the wet drey built into the tank

Oughtsix

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Redmond, OR
Very cool setup!

I believe a power head would be used to run a protein skimmer for a saltwater setup. Protein skimmers are not effective for fresh water. So no need for a power head!

I would consider putting a bubble wand under the bio balls just to supply fresh air.

For the chambers I would put a course sponge in the top chamber, a medium sponge in the middle chamber and filter floss in the bottom chamber.

Bio Balls are more effective than scrubbies. I would not use scrubbies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store